The cleverly named Grainfather, is a great choice for an all in one brew system. The intuitive design makes this an ideal brewing unit for both the advanced & novice all-grain brewers. Made from 304 grade stainless steel with a 7.9 gal capacity, designed to make up to 6 gal of beer.
- Electric: The Grainfather is designed to be used inside with a standard 120 volt socket. It comes with a dual element that ensures the correct power can be used depending on what stage of the brewing process you are at. A 500 w heating element is utilized at certain stages to minimize the risk of scorching and/or for instances in which a more gentle heating heat is required. A second 2,000 w heating element is used to quickly bring the mash to a boil and comes into play when more vigorous heating is needed. The Grainfather cleverly switches between the two as necessary, no need for input from you! Heating from mash to boil takes as little as 20 minutes.
- Control Box for Heat & Power Control: Want the ultimate brewing experience? Then utilize the Connect Control Box in conjunction with the Connect App (and the recipe creator coming soon) for that next level approach. The control box comes with a Bluetooth connection to your mobile device so it can be remotely controlled. This leaves you to multitask or simply chill while brewing. A simple alert calls your attention when the next step comes up.
- PID algorithm works in conjunction with a triac .This results in more stable heating and gives you control over the power output. - Programmable step mashing - Delayed heating - fill your Grainfather with water the night before and wake up to your water at strike temp! - Celsius and Fahrenheit - Waterproof graphic display - Use in manual mode or with app
-Pump: Comes with a 6 W, 1,800 RPM magnetic powered pump to recirculate wort through the grain bed to maximize efficiencies. The pump is also used during the cooling and cleaning stages. The pump is concealed by a stainless steel housing and includes a pump filter to prevent hops & grain from entering the pump or pipework, keeping the wort clear while also preventing any blockages.
- Grain Basket: A stainless steel expandable grain basket allows you to brew with anything from 10-20 lbs of grain. The fitted perforated plates and telescopic pipework allow you to easily adjust the size of the grain basket to suit the size of grain bill. A 45˚ turn allows the grain basket to rest on the support ring to allow the grain basket to drain while you can batch sparge over the top.
- Counter Flow Wort Chiller: The counter flow wort chiller comes with two connection points. One side will be connected to the Grainfather, while the other will be connected to the cold tap water. The hot wort is then pumped through copper inner coil and the cold water is pumped through the outer in the opposite direction, providing instant cooling and heat exchange. The cooled wort can then be pumped directly into your clean and sanitized fermentor. This reduces the chance of contamination as nothing is inserted in the wort, and it is only passing through the wort chiller one single time. 6 gallons of wort can be cooled in as little as 20 minutes. The cooled wort temperature will be cooled to approximately 5 degrees above your tap water temperature.
24 month warranty.