This buttermilk culture makes a thick, old-fashioned New England Style, Buttermilk. For each batch, you can use 1-2 quarts of skim or whole milk, depending on your desired thickness. The amount of character (flavor, texture) can be customized by increasing or decreasing the setting time and/or temperature.
Contains 5 packs of culture.
- Heat 1 quart of milk to 72ºF
- Add 1 packet of buttermilk culture to milk, let rehydrate for 1-3 minutes
- Stir milk for 1-2 minutes
- Let set for 12-24 hours
- Store finished buttermilk in a refrigerator for up to one week
- (LL) Lactococcus lactis subsp. lactis
- (LLC) Lactococcus lactis subsp. cremoris
- (LLD) Lactococcus lactis subsp. biovar diacetylactis
- (LMC) Leuconostoc mesenteroides subsp. cremoris
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.