The basic Grainfather Conical unit offers a professional level of fermentation quality for any style of beer and a range of add-ons are also available to further enhance the fermentor, depending on your stage of brewing and what your budget allows. The Grainfather Conical fermentor helps reduce contact with your yeast cake, reduces exposure to oxygen, maintains a stable fermentation temperature, and allows for modular additions all in one unit!
Grainfather Conical Includes:
- Conical Fermentor
- Fermentor Lid
- Rubber Bung
- Cone Plug
- Cone Plug Seal
- 5 cm (2") Tri Clamp
- Digital Temperature Display (does not control temperature, Temperature Controller available separately)
- Powder Adapter and Wall Plug
- 2 m (6.5 ft) M12-3PIN Power Cord
- Double-Walled Body: A stainless steel double walled body filled with a considerable layer of polyurethane foam adds the ultimate insulating capacity. This helps keeps the wort at a constant stable temperature with minimal fluctuation from any outside temperature changes. This dual wall feature provides a level of insulation that a standard jacket just can't achieve.
- Integrated Cooling Sleeve: Nestled between the inner and outer walls lies a stainless steel cooling sleeve; welded onto the inner wall of the fermenter and capable of being attached to the Glycol Chiller.The temperature is dialed into the Temperature Controller (available separately) and as the cooling liquid travels through this sleeve, it cools the stainless steel which in turn evenly cools the beer in the fermenter. The cooling sleeve never comes into contact with the beer, it is completely contained, built into the fermenter and never needs cleaning or sanitizing - truly ingenious for a fermenter of this scale.
- Easy Interior Access: A wide open top and smooth interior sides make cleaning this unit a breeze! No internal cooling coils, fittings, etc...mean reduced potential for hidden bacteria and microbes and a much easier time of cleaning this fermentor for storage!
- Golden Angle Conical Bottom: The cone shaped bottom of the fermenter is standard for professional breweries and for good reason. The Grainfather conical has been designed using the 'Golden Angle' of 60º. This is the optimum angle for yeast and sediment to settle down to the bottom of the cone without sticking to the sides, allowing you to transfer from above the sediment level, and yielding clearer beer. The conical shape also allows for better mixing during fermentation due to the path of convection currents that it enables to occur.
- Dual Valve Tap: The included Dual-Valve Tap assembly makes yeast dumping, transferring, and sampling a breeze! Samples and transferring can be done using an inlet above the sediment layer, allowing for clear and sediment free beer. You can also easily collect your yeast from below the sediment level with the same valve. That yeast can then be saved for future pitches. This design allows for more functionality with less cleaning!
- Temperature Controller: The Grainfather Temperature Controller quickly and easily snaps right on. No more adhesive thermometers! This controller allows you to accurately dial in your fermentation temperature and even set up a temperature schedule/profile for multiple temp steps! Set up to 4 profiles, each with up to 5 stages! This controller can control both heating and cooling.
- Support: Grainfather products are fully supported around the world by a wonderful support team who loves to brew just as much as you do! The Grainfather support team is there for any technical inquiries on brewing, how the Conical Fermentor works, or general customer service inquiries.
- 304 food grade stainless steel body
- 30L/8 gallon capacity (volume markings up to 7 gallons)
- 30 watt/12 volt heating power
- 1.5" ferrule on lid (for pressurized transfers)
- 2" ferrule on bottom of cone
36" Height (w/o airlock)
43" Height (w/airlock)
14.25" Diameter (including handles)
This item features a 24 month equipment warranty.