The cleverly named Grainfather, is a great choice for an all-in-one brew system. The intuitive design makes this an ideal brewing unit for both the advanced & novice all-grain brewers. Made from 304 grade stainless steel with a 8 gallon capacity, designed to make up to 6 gal of beer.
- Electric: The Grainfather is an electric brewing unit and designed to be used indoors on standard outlets. No need for burners, hot plates, or 240 volt outlets. Just plug it in and brew! The Grainfather is fitted with a temp controlled heating element so that the proper amount of power can be used depending on what stage of the brewing process you're at. A gentler heating element is used at certain stages for accurate temperature control and to minimize the risk of scorching and after the mash it can also quickly ramp up the heat for those times when a more vigorous heating is required. Heating from mash to boil takes as little as 20 minutes!
- Control Box for Heat & Power Control: Using the Connect Control Box in conjunction with the Connect App and Grainfather Brewing Community results in the ultimate brewing experience. Create your recipes on the Grainfather Brewing Community and then simply sync those recipes with the Connect app and you're good to go! The control box has a Bluetooth capable connection with your mobile device so that you can control it remotely. This allows for multitasking or simply relaxing while brewing!
Control Box Features:
- A PID algorithm works with a triac for more stable heating and so you can control power output
- Programmable step mashing
- Delayed heating - fill your Grainfather with water the night before and wake up to your water at strike temperature ready for brewing straight away. Programmable up to 24 hours before!
- Quickly change between Celsius and Fahrenheit
- Waterproof graphic display
- Use in manual mode or with the app
Grainfather Connect App for Automation Features
- Grainfather Grain Kit recipes provided in the app
- Ability to import recipes (Beer XML files) - NOTE: iOS9 and higher
- Set your own boil temperature (for different altitudes)
- Change between Celsius and Fahrenheit easily
- Grainfather calculators provided in the app
- Create recipes on the Grainfather Brewing Community and then sync these with the Connect App to brew
-Pump: The Grainfather comes with a 6 watt/1,800 RPM magnetic driven pump to recirculate the wort through the grain bed for maximum wort clarity, efficiency, and grain bed compaction. The pump is also used during the cooling stage to pump hot wort through the wort chiller and rapidly chill your brew. The pump also makes the cleaning process quick and easy by pumping the cleaning detergent through all the pipework. The magnetic drive pump has been selected after rigorous testing of multiple pump styles to ensure it meets the tough demands required of continuous brewing. The pump is concealed by a stainless pump cover, which is easy to pop open, giving you direct access. A pump filter is fitted inside the Grainfather to prevent hops and stray grain from entering the pump or pipework, keeping the wort clear while also preventing any blockages.
-Grain Basket: The Grainfather comes with a stainless steel expandable grain basket that allows you to brew with anywhere from 9 lb - 20 lb of grain. The fitted perforated plates and telescopic pipework allow you to easily adjust the size of the grain basket to suit the size of the grain bill you're working with. The Micro Pipework (sold separately) is available for grain bills below 2.6 US Gal. When you're ready to sparge, a lifting handle is then inserted into the grain basket to lift it up and out of the wort. A 45-degree turn then allows the grain basket’s feet to rest on the specially designed support ring to allow the grain basket to drain while you can batch sparge over the top. A Sparge Water Heater can be purchased additionally to heat your water to the specific temperature required and makes the process markedly easier.
-Counter Flow Wort Chiller: A counterflow wort chiller relies on running hot wort past cold water in order to chill. The hot wort is pumped through the inner copper coil while the cold water is pumped through the outer coil in the opposite direction, providing instant cooling and heat exchange. The cooled wort can then be pumped directly into your clean, sanitized fermenter. This reduces the chance of contamination as nothing contacts the wort, and it is only passing through the wort chiller one single time, going straight to the sanitized fermenter where the yeast is added. 6 gallons of wort can be cooled in as little as 20 minutes. The cooled wort temperature will be cooled to approximately 41°F above whatever your tap water temperature is.
- Support: The Grainfather is supported around the world by a fantastic support team who love brewing just as much as you do. Our support team is here for any technical inquiries on brewing or how the Grainfather works, as well as general customer service inquiries. All Grainfathers come with a 24 month warranty.
PLEASE NOTE: All Grainfathers contain a yellow packaging strip in the boiler. This should be discarded before you begin brewing.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.