A dried kefir starter culture that produces a rich, creamy, and effervescently bubbly drink. You can also sweeten kefir with honey or maple syrup in order to produce a refreshing and nutritious treat. This Kefir culture works with cow, soy, or goats milk. Kefir has been referred to by some as the 'champagne of dairy products'.
You can re-culture this kefir, but it will not continue to produce like kefir grains. This kefir starter is a complex blend of many different cultures and that balance can be difficult to maintain when re-culturing. Thus, products made with the re-cultured kefir may differ from the original.
Includes two packets of Kefir culture that will make up to 1 gallon of kefir each.
- Heat 1 gallon of milk to 86ºF
- Add 1 packet of kefir culture to milk, let rehydrate for 1-3 minutes
- Stir milk for 1-2 minutes
- Let set for 12-24 hours or until desired consistency
- Store finished kefir in a refrigerator for up to one week
- Skim milk powder
- Latic Yeasts
- S. Lactis
- L. Cremoris
- L. Diacelilactis
- L. Acidophilus
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.