Add Creme Fraiche culture to light cream for a sweet and delicious cultured treat. There are many ways to enjoy Creme Fraiche including drizzling over fresh fruit or a warm bisque, added to a smoothie, or used in cooking. When drained slightly, it will become a thick and creamy Mascarpone. When draining it is fabulous on sweet bread or even stuffed into dates.
Contains 5 packs of culture.
- Heat 1 quart of light cream or half and half to 86ºF
- Add 1 packet of creme fraiche culture to cream, let rehydrate for 1-3 minutes
- Stir cream for 1-2 minutes
- Let set for 12 hours or until thickened (as in yogurt)
- Store finished creme fraiche in a refrigerator for up to one week
- Note: For a thicker texture ladle the curd gently into a butter muslin lined colander, hang and drain 6-12 hours. Refrigerate and enjoy
- (LLC) Lactococcus lactis subsp. cremoris
- (LL) Lactococcus lactis subsp. lactis
- (LLD) Lactococcus lactis subsp. biovar diacetylactis
- Microbial coagulant enzyme
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.