Fromage blanc starter culture is one of the most sensational finds NE Cheesemaking has made in all their years of cheesemaking. This wonderful cheese is easy to make and tastes amazing. Fromage Blanc is similar to cream cheese with a delightfully rich flavor, but a fraction of the calories and cholesterol. It can be used in cooking or simply spread on your morning toast. It can also be made to have the texture of sour cream or a thick drained yogurt. Use either whole or skim milk to make it as lean or rich as you like. This culture can be used to make a traditional German Quark.
Contains 5 packs of culture.
- Heat 1 gallon of milk to 86ºF
- Add 1 packet of fromage blanc to milk, let rehydrate for 1-3 minutes
- Stir milk for 1-2 minutes
- Let set for 6-12 hours
- Drain in Butter Muslin for 6-12 hours
- Store finished cheese in a refrigerator for up to one week
- (LL) lactococcus lactis subsp. lactis
- (LLC) lactococcus lactis subsp. cremoris
- (LLD) lactococcus lactis subsp. biovar diacetylactis
- Microbial coagulant enzyme
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.